Saturday, December 15, 2012

My little-big brother

"My brother up and graduated. I honestly have a hard time believing it happened... but the thing that gets to me even more, is that he's NINETEEN! That is so crazy! Oh and he's taller than me... my little brother is finally taller than me... actually he's been taller than me for awhile now... I just haven't thought about how big my little bro is getting all that much. Anyway, he's graduated and heading off to SAU next year. Yep, we'll be at the same college. I almost feel like I'm following him there, buttt in actuality, I was technically there last year, so there! It should be a good time having my bro at the same college as myself... and not only Caleb, but also my cousins Scott and Grace as well as my other honorary bro, Jake Rich! SAU is about to be bumpin';)

Caleb is working here at camp with me this summer again too. Not just here at camp with me, but in the same department, good ole' kids camp counseling:) It's been super fun having Caleb and Grace counseling with me this summer. I think they would both agree that they are having pretty great summer's out here too. Trav and Zack and my Dad (of course) are also out here in the matience department. It's just one big family party out here I tell ya!

I keep getting distracted though, because really, I wanted this blog to be about Caleb this time. Cabe is one cool "kid" and I am lucky enough to have him at my brother! Sometimes I forget he's my "little" brother because of how stinkin' old looking and mature he can be...sometimes;) But really, Caleb and I have had some pretty awesome bro and sis convos throughout our lives, and I am SO blessed to have found a friend in my brother. I respect him so much and want the best for him! The older sister in me comes out probably too often when it comes to both of my bros, I'm sure they can vouge for that. I know there have been times when I've been too motherly or even bossy. GASP!... not me!... it's the truth. More recently though, I've found myself playing the bigger sister role more. Looking out for my brothers and making sure no girls hurt them;) Seriously though, that's what a sister is for right?!" ...


.... I wrote the beginning part of this blog way back in some warm summer month this past summer. Today I realized I never did finish the thing, and decided maybe I would. The thought came up when I overheard a convo going on between Caleb and my Dad downstairs. Caleb just sounded so mature and... wise. I re-realized just how proud of Caleb I truly am. I am beyond glad he chose to go to Spring Arbor. I think this past semester went so well for him. Between Chapel on Monday's and Wednesday's to his great COR group to his great new friends, I would say SAU has been an amazing fit for him. Not only that, but I have just noticed how wise he seems to be getting these days. Although he doesn't know everything, and I'm sure could admit to being wrong every now and then, recent conversations with him have just really surprised me.

His walk with God is something that challenges me each day. I think his RA, Alex Rahill has played a big part in how much Caleb has matured in his relationship with God. Hearing Caleb's excitement about floor Bible Studies got me excited for him and for myself! Having a little brother who acts like a big brother sometimes, is truly a blessing! Looking forward to a great Christmas Break with my wonderful family and taking time to thank God for all He has given me, including the birth of his Son so many years ago! 

No comments:

Post a Comment